Posted on March 11th, 2010 View Comments
PSMJ Resources, Inc., recently announced the winners of its 1st Annual Premier Award for Client Satisfaction. The Premier Award was presented in partnership with DesignFacilitator and honors A/E/C firms that provide their clients with top quality service. Architectural and engineering firms from the US, Canada, and Australia, with staff sizes ranging from 25- 3,000 competed based on the quality and quantity of client feedback received using DesignFacilitator’s Client Feedback Tool. The survey consisted of questions about the firms’ helpfulness, responsiveness, quality, accuracy, schedule, and budget, and was formattted in a simple online survey that was emailed to the firm’s clients.
The top six firms were:
• Burns & McDonnell
• Eramosa Engineering, Inc.
• Hart & Hickman, PC
• Sunrise Engineering, Inc.
• Tanimura & Associates, Inc.
• Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
• Tighe & Bond, Inc.
PSMJ Resources will recognize these winners at the Circle of Excellence Conference in San Diego, September 22 & 23, 2010.
Posted on March 4th, 2010 View Comments
As the experts for feedback surveying for the professional design industry, we are gathering confidential statistics on what strategies design firms across the US & Canada are utilizing to combat the negative effects of the current recession. By taking the following poll you will have immediate access to the data gathered to help your firm understand the approaches that other firms are currently using.
Which of the following strategies have you recently used to improve your value to your clients?
(Select all that apply)
- More frequent meetings (50%)
- Lowering fees (50%)
- Collecting client feedback (25%)
- Offering free work (13%)
- Other (13%)
How often do you specifically request feedback from your clients?
- Rarely (50%)
- Annually (19%)
- Other (19%)
- Quarterly (13%)
- Monthly (-1%)
From whom do you collect feedback? (Select all that apply)
- Clients (88%)
- Co-workers/Staff (25%)
- Managers/Admin (25%)
- Vendors (25%)
- N/A, we do not collect feedback at this time (13%)
What do you do with the feedback information you collect? (Select all that apply)
- Use it to identify problems early & reduce liability (80%)
- Use it to improve staff performance (73%)
- Use it to enhance marketing (60%)
- Use it to improve staff assignments & training (40%)
- Use it for salary and bonus calculations (20%)
- N/A, we do not collect feedback at this time (7%)